About On-Site Storage
Our OSS system utilizes capacitor based on-site storage technology to capture and reuse the regen energy of artificial lift systems to reduce the kWh usage and peak demand. The power generation requirements from utilities are reduced by upwards of 20% at the well site. Additionally, OSS helps improve your overall ESG rating.
- Captures the regenerative energy created and unused during pump strokes, temporarily storing the DC Power in the OSS and recycling the energy back through the VSD to the pump motor
- OSS experiences less than 5% line loss vs. typical line loss of 75% to 95% for AC Regen
- Does not require additional loads on the same grid to reuse the harnessed energy
- Can reduce kW and kWh by upwards of 20% which translates into >$500 per well, per month.
- No additional land or grid infrastructure is required as is the case with solar farms or wind turbines.
- Qualifies for Social and Environmental factors to increase ESG rating.
- Reduce the strain on the grid by shaving peak demand.
What Makes On-Site Storage Unique?
- Captures unused energy during downstroke.
- Releases the captured energy during the upstroke.
- AC power from utility is supplemented resulting in reduced kWh consumption and peak demand.
Actual Results Connected to 75hp VSD
Safety is at the forefront of our mind in every task we undertake, and OSS is no exception. OSS has been designed to constantly monitor for over voltage, current usage and temperature conditions. The system also pre charges via independent circuitry, further limiting unnecessary contact with the VSD. The unit complies with all UL requirements and the enclosure is built to NEMA 3R standards.